This winking eyed owl is based on the same electronic circuit as our popular skull, with the components re-arranged. It has two amber LED lights for eyes connected to 4 tiny solar cells. So your jewelry will charge up and blink in an ever-so-captivating manner, no batteries required. And if you’re a geek on the run (or just forget to solar charge your bling), the owl also comes with a micro-USB connector. Rock!
And don’t fret if you’re not super tech-savvy — we’’ll include all the details and directions with the piece, so you can get the very most out of your jewelry. Sealed in epoxy to protect it from life and hung on an 18″ gunmetal grey chain with a 3″ silver extension.
Operation: I’m ALIVE!
- Flip switch to side labeled “Direct”. The power storage capacitors are now disconnected and I get my energy directly off the surrounding light. Sunlight is best, but not the only source I like.
- Flip switch to side labeled “Store” to store solar energy or run off internal storage. The storage capacitor is now connected.
- Solar – find a light source I like and leave me under it for 10-15 minutes.
- Optional USB – plug me in. Wait 2 minutes till I’m really, really If the LED’s are constant, I’m full.
- Store my energy for later by flipping the switch to “Direct”.
Endurance: When flipped to “Store” I’ll run about 90 minutes on a full charge in darkness. In “Direct” I’ll blink as long as the room is bright.