The skull was our second design after the dragonfly. Our aim was to design the smallest piece of jewelry we could that still blinked and was solar powered. 3 years and 5 design iterations later, we think we’ve perfected it. The skull has two sinister red LED lights for eyes that are connected to 4 tiny solar cells. No Batteries required. And if you’re a geek on the run (or don’t get much sun, we understand), each one also comes with a micro-USB connector. Rock!
And don’t fret if you’re not super tech-savvy — we’’ll include all the details and directions with the piece, so you can get the very most out of your jewelry. It’s also sealed in epoxy to protect it from life. PLEASE NOTE: The skull is shown with a neoprene cord. However, we have upgraded it to an 18″ gunmetal grey chain with a 3″ gold chain extension.
Operation: I’m ALIVE!
- Flip switch to side labeled “Direct”. The power storage capacitors are now disconnected and I get my energy directly off the surrounding light. Sunlight is best, but not the only source I like.
- Flip switch to side labeled “Store” to store solar energy or run off internal storage. The storage capacitor is now connected.
- Solar – find a light source I like and leave me under it for 10-15 minutes.
- Optional USB – plug me in. Wait 2 minutes till I’m really, really If the LED’s are constant, I’m full.
- Store my energy for later by flipping the switch to “Direct”.
Endurance: When flipped to “Store” I’ll run about 90 minutes on a full charge in darkness. In “Direct” I’ll blink as long as the room is bright.